Presentation Translator, a Microsoft Garage Project has now graduated and become a branded offering from Microsoft. Visit the Wall of Fame to learn more.
Presentation Translator is an Office add-in for PowerPoint that enables presenters to display live, translated subtitles. As you speak, the add-in allows you to display subtitles directly on your PowerPoint presentation in any one of more than 60 supported text languages. Additionally, up to 100 audience members in the room can follow along with the presentation in their own language, and on their own phone, tablet, or computer.
- Live subtitling: Speak in any of the 10 supported speech languages – Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish – and subtitle into any one of the 60+ text translation languages.
- Customized speech recognition: Presenters have the option to customize the speech recognition engine using the vocabulary within the slides and slide notes to adapt to jargon, technical terms, product or place names, etc.
- Translate PowerPoint Text: Translate the text of PowerPoint while preserving the original formatting, including translation between left-to-right and right-to-left languages.
- Audience Participation: Share a QR- or five letter conversation code and your audience can follow along with your presentation, on their own device, in their chosen language.
- Open the mic to multi-lingual Q&A: Unmute the audience to allow questions in any of the supported languages (10 for spoken questions, 60+ for written ones).
- Inclusivity through Accessibility: Help audience members who are deaf or hard of hearing follow the presentation, and participate in the discussion.
Presentation Translator is powered by the Microsoft Translator live feature, built on Microsoft Translator APIs. Part of the Microsoft Cognitive Services API collection, the API enables businesses to add end-to-end, real-time, speech translations to their applications or services. We recommend using this add-in with Microsoft Office 365 and Windows 10.